Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Reading the Text - James Enge

"Would you mind describing what the process was like for you in getting this novel published?

Well, I’ve been writing forever. I started with the usual multi-volume imitation of Tolkien, got bored with it and moved on. After I finally published some stories in the fantasy magazine Black Gate, I decided it was time to go back and work on a novel, which became Blood of Ambrose. It spent a couple of years moldering in various slush-piles until I got an agent, Michael Kabongo of the OnyxHawke Agency. Then, almost instantly, he sold Blood of Ambrose and a partially-written sequel to Lou Anders of Pyr. Now Blood of Ambrose and the sequel, This Crooked Way, have both been released and I’m working on the third book in the series, tentatively titled The Wolf Age. So I waited a while for things to come together, but in the end they came together with stunning speed."


3.5 out of 5

http://grindingtovalhalla.wordpress.com/2009/10/02/reading-the-text-james-enge/

No comments:

Post a Comment